Health and Sanitation Response
PNB - Health and Sanitation September 2017
Ministry of Health and Sanitation – Response Summary
26 June – 26 September 2017
|Services Reported||I Paid a Bribe||I Did not Pay a Bribe||I Met an Honest Official||General Actions Taken||Specific Actions Taken|
|Certificate (health, birth, death)||62||4||3||1. The Integrity Management Committee (IMC) continues to visit health facilities though at a minimal rate due to the unavailability of funds. These visits informed the workers about the PNB reports and possible actions that may be taken against them.|
2. DMOs will be requested to conduct preliminary investigations, take administrative actions and communicate with the IMC at head office.
3. The IMC to inform the Health Education Division through the Permanent Secretary to include in its plan an awareness raising campaign on the operations of the PNB
4. It is difficult for the IMC team to do visitation at Makeni Govt, hospital, Tombo, Lumley Govt. hospital and Ola During Childrens but will continue to monitor the situation.
5. The DMO in Kenema has discussed the PNB reports with stakeholders including members of the PDT. The outcome yield positive effect.
|1. The display of MoHS Service Charter in all health facilities.|
2. PCMH has established a team of monitors that conduct patient survey. The ACC to do a follow up on the outcome of the survey.
|Drugs and Treatment||56||13||21|
|Pregnancy and Child Birth||248||212||41|
|Registration and Consultation||102||11||6|
|Under 5 Child Health||246||87||72|