WHAT THE QUORAN SAY ABOUT CORRUPTION
2. What The Qur’an Says About Corruption Salaamalaikum (may peace of Allah be on you) brothers and sisters. T hese are some verses of the quran which forbid us to indulge in bribery and corruption. By giving or taking bribe we are unjust to the person who is affected by it and also to the community and nation. I want the readers of these verses of the quran to quit bribery, to resist it, to stand against it and to try to show these verses to those people who take bribe . ''And do not consume one another's wealth unjustly or send it [in bribery] to the rulers in order that [they might aid] you [to] consume a portion of the wealth of the people in sin, while you know [it is un- lawful]. (Chapter 2 , verse 188 , Quran). “ Say: My Lord has forbidden all indecent acts, weather overt or disguised. . .” (Qur ’ an 7:33) “ Say: Good and evil are not alike, even though the abundance of evil tempts you. Have fear for Allah . . . (Qur ’ an 5:100) “. . . Allah does not bless the work of the evildoers. ” (Qur ’ an 10:81) “ Do not grab one another ’ s property by unjust means. . . (Qur ’ an 2:188) “. . . And whoever gathered unlawful riches and then give out in charity, he will have no reward; on the contrary, he will have to bear the burden of his evil deed. ” “ God cursed the one who pays a bribe, the one who takes it and the mediator between the two ”. Hadith “ And when it is said to them, “ Do not cause corruption on the earth, ” they say, “ We are but reformers! ” (Qur ’ an 2:11) “... Give just weight and measure and do not defraud others of their possessions. . .” (Qur ’ an 7:85) “ And do not cheat others of what is rightly theirs ” (Qur ’ an 26:183) O traders . . . indeed the merchants will be resurrected on the Day of Judgment with the wicked except the ones who are sincere . . . and truthful ” Give just weight and full measure ” ( Qur ’ an 55:9 ) “ The truthful, trustworthy merchants will be with the prophets ” “ Do not confound truth with falsehood, nor knowingly hide the truth. ” (Qur ’ an 2:42) “ Speak for justice even if it affects your own kinsmen. . . “ (Qur ’ an 6:152) 'Verily! Allah commands that you should render back the trusts to those, to whom they are due; and that when you judge between men, you judge with justice. Verily, how excellent is the teaching which He (Allah) gives you! Truly, Allah is Ever All - Hearer, All - Seer.''( chapter 4 , verse 58 , Quran ) 'O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm for Allah , witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness. And fear Allah; indeed, Allah is Acquainted with what you do.'' ( chapter 5 , verse 8 ,Quran ) 'And when the relatives and the orphans and Al - Masakin (the poor) are present at the time of division, give them out of the property, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.'' (Chapter 4 , verse 8 , Quran) 'And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,'' (chapter 2 , verse 155 , Quran ). 'Indeed, those who devour the property of orphans unjustly are only consuming into their bellies fire. And they will be burned in a Blaze.'' (Chapter 4 , verse 10 , Quran)'. Indeed, those who devour the property of orphans unjustly are only consuming into their bellies fire. And they will be burned in a Blaze. ''(Chapter 4 , verse 10 , Quran).
1. “ And O my people! Give full measure and weight in justice and reduce not the things that are due to the people. . . causing corruption ” ( Qur ’ an – Hud 11:85 ) Any charity you give, or a charitable pledge you fulfill, GOD is fully aware thereof. As for the wick- ed, they will have no helpers.( 2:270, Quran ) “ If the debtor is unable to pay, wait for a better time. If you give up the loan as a charity it would be better for you, if only you knew. “( 2:280 Qur ’ an ) “ Whoever seizes a hand span of land unlawfully, Allah will shackle his neck with it, to seven earths on the Day of Resurrection ” “ Evil has pervaded the land. . .as a result of the atrocities which men ’ s hand have done. Thus, Allah has ordained for men, so that they may taste the fruits of their handiworks and, per chance, mend their ways ” ( Qur ’ an 30:41 ) “. . . That you shall not commit foul sins, whether openly or in secret. . . ( Qur ’ an 6:151 ) CONTACT US: The ACC HEADQUARTERS – FREETOWN Cathedral House 3 Gloucester Street Freetown Republic of Sierra Leone Landline: +232 22 - 223 - 645 / +232 22 - 223 - 645 / +232 22 - 227 - 211/ 333 Reporting Hotlines: Zain: +232 76 - 394 - 111 / +232 76 - 394 - 111 Zain: 106 Commium: 101/102 Africell: +232 77 - 985 - 985 / +232 77 - 985 - 985 Africell: +232 77 - 986 - 986 / +232 77 - 986 - 986 Bo: 45 Kissy Town Road, Bo Tel: +232 - 88 - 822 - 412 Makeni: Mena Hills, Makeni Tel: Tel:+232 - 88 - 822 - 303 /+232 - 88 - 822 - 413/+232 - 33 - 199 - 070 Kenema: Maxwell Khobe Street, Reservation, Kenema Tel:+232 - 88 - 822 - 365 Kono: 25 Kanawa Street Bungalow Section Koidu Town Tel: +232 - 76734 - 419 You can also use the email addresses: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Website: You can also make report directly on our website: http://www.anticorruption.gov.sl via the following links : http://anticorruption.gov.sl/report_corruption.php http://anticorruption.gov.sl/blow_whistle.php
- 4958 Total Views
- 4014 Website Views
- 944 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 LinkedIn
- 0 Google+
- 46 22.214.171.124
- 3 webmail.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 46 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 6 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 11 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 10 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 13 126.96.36.199:8069
- 20 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online15786 Views .
Commissioner's Profile12223 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL10418 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN9761 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20149351 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20179211 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8893 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208876 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20238720 Views .
ACC Act 20088680 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs8619 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT8359 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20188271 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27847 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7734 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA7638 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office7260 Views .
APPEAL CASES7194 Views .